Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Recent NOTD: Sally Hansen Pink a Prize

Since my last entry, I flew to Texas for a long weekend at Mr. Karen's family reunion. I wish it had been a longer weekend, as it was so jam packed that I didn't even have any opportunity to shop for nail polish at all. Next time, HEB, next time. The strips I put on for the user conference last week are still on my nails now and holding up really well. Today I've got some photos of the strips I had on a couple manis ago: Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Pink a Prize, another design from this spring's limited edition collection. Pink a Prize is a pink, blue, and green paisley design on a pearly white background. It might be my imagination, but I feel like the strips with the pearly/shimmery backgrounds are thinner, which means they're a tiny bit harder to lay down smoothly than the non-shimmery ones and let any ridges in my nails show more.









As has become my habit, I wore these strips over a treatment base (OPI Nail Envy Sensitive & Peeling and Barielle Nail Rebuilding Protein are my current favorites). When I first started doing that, I worried that it would affect how well the adhesive on the strips would work, but it doesn't seem to. Below is a shot of what the strips looked like on day 6, with just some tipwear and growth gaps showing.



I like the Salon Effects so much that strips are my first thought now when it's time to do a manicure. I'm going to be sad when they're discontinued, which I hope won't be for a long time. Of course I do have enough stockpiled that I won't run out for a while after they're no longer for sale, so that will help me get through the transition.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar